This partnership agreement is no longer valid.
BioEvents SAS, (hereafter referred to as “BioEvents”), located at 210 Avenue Jean-Jaurès, 69007 Lyon – France, registered in France with the Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés de Lyon (registered number 439 323 627 RCS Lyon), which intra European Community VAT number is FR77439323627, represented by Mr. Jean-Paul Nobécourt, acting in the capacity of Permanent Representative of the President.
State of São Paulo Research Foundation, (hereafter "FAPESP"), a public agency of the state of São Paulo, Brazil, located at Rua Pio XI, 1500, CEP 05468-901, São Paulo, SP, Brazil, hereby represented by Professor Dr. Celso Lafer, President of FAPESP.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS HAVE BEEN AGREED UPON:
BioEvents SAS was appointed by the Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon for the organization of the BIOVISION Forum which will be held in Lyon, France, March 24-26, 2013, at the Convention Centre “Cité Internationale”. BioEvents SAS is a subsidiary of the Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon.
BioEvents SAS collaborates with Partner to help in the conception and the promotion of this event.
The collaboration between BioEvents and the Partner will address the following:
- Promotion and communication about the BIOVISION 2013 Forum to the Partner’s members and network;
- Suggestion of speakers for 2013 BIOVISION Prospective;
- Suggestion of life sciences innovation initiatives & projects for the 2013 BIOVISION Catalyzer;
- Set up a biotech delegation for BIOVISION Investor Conference;
- Promotion and communication about the Partner prior to and during BIOVISION.
CLAUSE 1: OBLIGATION OF THE PARTNER TOWARDS BIOEVENTS
The Partner agrees to support the event in compliance with the clauses described hereafter, thus becoming an “Official partner” of BIOVISION.
1.1. Promotion and communication about BIOVISION to the Partner’s members.
The Partner will ensure its support to BIOVISION through:
- Insertion of BIOVISION logo and a link to BIOVISION website on the Partner’s website;
- Promotion of BIOVISION to the Partner’s members and network through its Newsletters and/or specific e-mailings to its database;
- Publication of BIOVISION dates on the events’ calendar of the Partner’s website;
- Communication to the Partner’s members and network of the commercial agreement between BIOVISION and the Partner.
1.2 Support on speakers’ invitations
The Partner will support BIOVISION in identifying and inviting high-level life sciences speakers (academia, private sector and civil society representatives, and policy makers) to the Forum.
CLAUSE 2: OBLIGATION OF BIOEVENTS TOWARDS THE PARTNER
Within the context of this Partnership agreement, BioEvents shall provide the Partner with HTML files for publicity of the BIOVISION 2013, and the following services:
2.1 Speaking slot in “BIOVISION Prospective”
2.1.1 BioEvents will offer speaking slots for representatives of the Partner in the BIOVISION Prospective. The speaking opportunity will be complimentary if the participant speaks on the behalf of the Partner.
2.1.2 Accommodation and congress fees of the invited speaker will be covered by BioEvents.
2.2 Promotion and communication on the Partner prior to and during BIOVISION
BioEvents will provide the Partner with logo recognition throughout the Forum, on the website dedicated to the event during one year, on the programme and in BIOVISION Newsletters: BIOVISION will ensure the visibility of the Partner’s logo in both the above mentioned documents and onsite, and elsewhere whenever
2.2.1 BIOVISION invitations
- BioEvents will provide the Partner with 2 VIP invitation to BIOVISION: the invitations offer access to BIOVISION Prospective plenary sessions and round tables, BIOVISION Catalyzer innovation project & initiative presentation, every side events, and “BIOVISION networking” opportunities and to the VIP room;
- BioEvents will provide the Partner with 5 standard invitations to BIOVISION: the invitations offer access to BIOVISION Prospective plenary sessions and round tables, BIOVISION Catalyzer innovation project &initiative presentation, every side events, and “BIOVISION networking” opportunities;
- BioEvents will provide the Partner with a special 50% discount rate reserved to the Partner’s delegation (academia, civil society, business, policy makers).
CLAUSE 3: CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE
The Partner is bound, in relation to BioEvents, to professional secrecy, and commits to ensuring confidentiality in relation to all information, technical or commercial, and more generally in relation to all information communicated by BioEvents. This applies during the execution of this agreement and also once it has come to an end.
CLAUSE 4: DATABASE
The Fondation pour l’Université de Lyon, the Head Office of BioEvents, uses and is the sole owner of a database, in conformity with French Law n°98-536 of July 1st, 1998 of the Intellectual Property Code. This database is a file containing contacts of international key figures from the world of science, teachers, researchers, research laboratories, companies, exhibitors and representatives of public authorities. The data exchanged within the duration of this agreement cannot be used by the Partner.
CLAUSE 5: DURATION OF AGREEMENT
This agreement shall become effective at the date of signature and shall remain in full force and effect until March 31st, 2013. It cannot, in any case whatsoever, be subjected to tacit renewal. Each party is able, during the duration of the agreement, to terminate it by giving a one month notice, by means of a registered letter with proof of reception.
CLAUSE 6: APPLICABLE LAW
Drawn up in two original copies. Signatures preceded by the written words « Read and approved, signed and accepted »