Through the São Paulo School of Advanced Science (SPSAS) FAPESP offers funding for the organization of short duration courses in advanced research in the different areas of knowledge in the State of Sao Paulo.
It is expected that each SPSAS offers short duration (around 2 weeks) courses in advanced themes in science and technology, contributing to the formation of the young attendants. Though this initiative FAPESP expects to establish, in the State of Sao Paulo, a globally competitive hub for talented researchers.
The SPSAS lecturers are scientists with excellent qualification and prominence in their research fields, including foreign invited scientists.
The students must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in Brazil or abroad, being potential candidates for master's, doctorate or post-doctoral programs in higher education and research institutes in the State of Sao Paulo. Recently graduated PhD’s can also be accepted.
The students selected to participate in the courses will have the opportunity to present, in posters sections, their research results, discussing the progress with participating scientists.
Applications must be submitted for analysis in response to the Calls for Proposals announced by FAPESP.
- SPSAS - 10th Call (FAPESP Call 10/2014)
- SPSAS - 9th Call (FAPESP Call 10/2013)
- SPSAS - 8th Call (FAPESP Call 31/2012)
- SPSAS - 7th Call (FAPESP Call 15/2012)
- SPSAS - 6th Call (FAPESP Call 03/2012)
- SPSAS - 5th Call (FAPESP Call 25/2011)
- SPSAS - 4th Call (FAPESP Call 18/2011)
- SPSAS - 3rd Call (FAPESP Call 16/2010)
- SPSAS - 2nd Call (FAPESP Call for Proposals 04/2010)
- SPSAS - 1st Call (FAPESP Call for Proposals 18/2009)