AGREEMENT BETWEEN FAPESP – FUNDAÇÃO DE AMPARO À PESQUISA DO ESTADO DE SÃO PAULO AND MATIMOP – ISRAELI INDUSTRY CENTER FOR R&D ON PROMOTION OF COOPERATION IN THE FIELD OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
FUNDAÇÃO DE AMPARO À PESQUISA DO ESTADO DE SÃO PAULO (hereinafter referred to as "FAPESP") and MATIMOP – Israeli Industry Center for R&D (hereinafter referred to as "MATIMOP"), hereinafter are referred to as the "Parties".
RECALLING the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the State of Israel and the Government of The Federative Republic of Brazil on Bilateral Cooperation in Private Sector Industrial Research and Development, signed in Brasilia, on February 27, 2007, hereinafter referred to as the "Cooperation Agreement";
CONSIDERING the mutual interest in making progress in the field of research and development (hereinafter referred to as "R&D") and innovation and the resulting advantages for The Federative Republic of Brazil and for the State of Israel;
WHEREAS the Parties are interested in promoting and improving R&D and innovation cooperation between eligible entities according to FAPESP and MATIMOP/OCS regulations (hereinafter referred as the "Entities") from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and from the State of Israel.
Have reached the following Agreement:
1. The main objective of this Agreement shall be to facilitate and promote bilateral R&D and innovation activities and in particular joint R&D and innovation projects, between Entities from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and from the State of Israel. R&D and innovation Projects should demonstrate the technological contribution of the participants from both States.
For the purpose of this Agreement, R&D and innovation means, inter alia, research, development and demonstration activities intended to develop new products or processes to be commercialized in the global market.
2. The administration and promotion of the objective of this Agreement as specified above, may include the following:
(a) Facilitate the identification of specific projects, partnerships or collaborations between Entities from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and from the State of Israel that could lead to R&D and innovation cooperation.
(b) Search for Entities in the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and in the State of Israel which could collaborate in R&D and innovation projects and provide assistance in matching Entities from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and from the State of Israel for this purpose.
(c) Issue calls for proposals: FAPESP and MATIMOP shall mutually agree on the content, topics, publication manner and any other issue matters relating to the calls, on the basis of the Guidelines for the Call for Proposals for Joint R&D Projects in the FAPESP-MATIMOP Agreement (Annex I).
(d) Publicize the Parties activities in the framework of this Agreement through seminars or publications.
(e) The Participants from either side must follow the respective State's guidelines with consideration to intellectual Property rules. Participants from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil, must also follow the guidelines and rules from FAPESP concerning Intellectual Property.
(f) Construct a joint program directorate that will hold joint meetings between the Parties to analyse and monitor the progress of the cooperation and to assess the results obtained.
(g) Exchange of information on mechanisms, tools, platforms or programs for the promotion of cooperation in R&D and innovation.
(h) Each Party may inform the other with respect to events in the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil or in the State of Israel that may facilitate and enhance cooperation between Entities from the State of São Paulo, The Federative Republic of Brazil and from the State of Israel.
3. The Parties shall be responsible for their respective costs in promoting and administering the objective of this Agreement such as traveling expenses, organization of seminars and publications.
4. It is acknowledged by the Parties that in accordance with their competencies, the administration of requests for approvals of joint R&D projects between Entities from the State of São Paulo and from the State of Israel including finance of such requests, shall be carried out by FAPESP on behalf of the State of São Paulo and the Office of the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor on behalf of the State of Israel.
5. The implementation of this Agreement and any activity hereunder shall be in accordance with the respective applicable laws, regulations, rules, procedures and mechanisms and within the authority and to the extent of each Party.
6. This Agreement shall enter into force on the date of its signature.
7. This Agreement shall be in effect as long as the Cooperation Agreement is in effect.
8. This Agreement shall remain in force until either Party terminates it or the Cooperation Agreement cease to be in effect. Either Party may terminate this Agreement by written notification to the other Party. The Agreement shall cease to be in force six months after the date of such notification.
9. This Agreement may be amended, in writing, by mutual agreement of the Parties.
10. This Agreement shall not affect the present and future rights or obligations of the Parties arising from other international agreements and treaties.
In witness, whereof the undersigned being duly authorized, have signed this Agreement,
Done in duplicate at Tel Aviv, Israel on the 6th day of November of 2012, corresponding to the 21st day of Cheshvan of 5773, in the Hebrew calendar.
São Paulo, November 6th, 2012.
Dr. Celso Lafer - President
Mr. Michel Hivert - General Director